Family Vacation Salzburg
Cover: ©Tourismus Salzburg, Foto: Reinhart Bryan
Experience Salzburg and Salzburger Land with Children
Relaxation for the parents, exciting activities for the children, plus culture and fair prices - Salzburg and the surrounding area of the city offer a wide range of attractions, destinations for day trips, events and adventure opportunities; and at Hotel Amadeus, our large family flats provide comfort and a sense of well-being.
Day Trips for Families
Your family vacation in Salzburg can be wonderfully enriched with a trip to Salzburger Land. Some of the most popular day trip destinations in Austria await you in front of a magnificent Alpine panorama.
- Zoo Hellbrunn: Still within the city limits you will find the Salzburger Zoo with 140 animal species from 5 continents. By car, you can reach the zoo in just under 20 minutes from the Hotel Amadeus.
- Salzkammergut: The magnificent lake district can be reached by car in half an hour. Not only do over 70 lakes await you in the Salzkammergut where you can take a boat trip, for example, but also historic castles and landscapes for hiking and cycling.
- Salzbergwerk Hallein: Another very popular destination for families is the Salzbergwerk Hallein. Here you go down parallel slides into the heart of the mountain; once inside, you take a raft ride across the underground salt lake.
The Salzburg Festival celebrates its 100th birthday this year. Part of the special anniversary programme will be the children's opera The Song of Magic Island , which will premiere at the festival. An introductory workshop will take place beforehand so that the little ones can become more familiar with the characters and the story. While this opera was created especially for children, it also offers adults a high cultural and entertainment value. Older children can of course attend the opera on their own while you watch another performance. There is always something going on at the festival.
Theme Parks & Adventure Playgrounds
Your children will never be bored on holiday in Salzburg and the surrounding region. Here are some tips for little brave ones and rowdies.
Theme & Leisure Parks for the Whole Family
Within an hour of the Hotel Amadeus, there are two amusement parks with many attractions for you and your family:
- Fantasiana Fun Park: In just 40 minutes by car, you can reach Austria's No. 1 amusement park. Various themed worlds with rides and attractions for big and small children await you at the Fantasiana adventure park.
- Wild- und Freizeitpark Untertauern: Animal and nature lovers will feel totally at home in this wildlife and leisure park. Among other things, there is a petting zoo, a children's playground and lots of native animals.
Salzburg's Adventure Playgrounds for Kids
If you prefer to stay in the city of Salzburg during your family vacation, there are still great opportunities for your children to have fun. Every child's heart beats faster at these two playgrounds in Salzburg:
- Playground Hellbrunn: This playground is part of the majestic garden of Schloss Hellbrunn. It contains a large sandbox, an extremely long ropeway, and a play castle. In addition, the little ones can hang out in the children's house or ride a large wooden locomotive.
- Zauberflötenspielplatz: A special playground awaits you just a 5-minute walk from the Hotel Amadeus. Inspired by Mozart's opera "The Magic Flute", it offers, for example, a "bird carousel" or a "dancing glockenspiel".
Learn more about the best playgrounds in and around Salzburg.
There are plenty of attractions and experiences for the whole family in and around Salzburg. Now the question is where to stay during your holiday with children. At Hotel Amadeus we have the ideal solution! Our two flat categories offering between 40 m² and 50 m² have enough space for up to 6 people. The flats are divided into two rooms, allowing both children and parents to enjoy privacy.